There are so many drivers who visit the service center to replace the fuel filter in their Peugeot.
- 3 gasoline ЕР3, ЕР6 or ЕР6DT engines;
- 3 diesel DV6ATED4, DV6TED4 or DW10BTED4 engines.
External main filters are installed on diesel engines and situated under the hood.
About filter of the gasoline engine of Peugeot 308’s fuel system
- Fuel System
The EP6 engine does not include the direct injection system; the fuel rail is located behind the engine in the rear part of the integral cylinder head. This is port injection system.
- Fuel Pump
The system pressure is 3.5 bar.
The pump module with the sensor is dipped into the fuel tank and is equipped with the pressure regulator and the fine mesh filter.
There is NO external fuel filter in the gasoline fuel system of Peugeot 308!!!
There is only the coarse mesh located on the pump in the fuel tank and the fine mesh filter located in the tank body. This filter should to be replaced every 60-70 kilometers of the run.
Replacement of the Fuel System (Net on the Fuel Pump)
- It is necessary to remove an accumulator terminal (this is the safety regulation).
- Lift the rear right seat (the seat pad)
- Remove the plastic plug under the seat
- Unplug the power connector of the fuel pump
- Unplug the fuel hoses from the cover of the fuel pump
- Unscrew the fit ring of the fuel pump mount
- Take it out of the fuel tank
- Assemble it in the reverse order
The pictures can help to replace the part
When you replace the system, do not forget to install a new gasket on the fuel pump.
Also, it is possible to dissemble the fine mesh filter located on the pump.
As a long experience of the service and maintenance of Peugeot cars shows, the cases of clogging and damaged nozzles are really rare.
Fuel Filter in Peugeot 408
The thing that the filter has been already installed in Peugeot 408 is stranger and more confusing. I replaced it myself and I think that if you install the fuel filter in Peugeot 308, it will not worsen the situation. The picture can help with it))