Liquid Rubber Plasti Dip is a coating for a modern stylish car. Rubber mainly includes bitumen and doesn’t consist of harmful volatile substances.
Innovative rubber created by development engineers has many useful qualities which attract the consumers on the market.
- liquid rubber application doesn’t require some special preparation of the car body
- liquid rubber causes strong adhesion with the surface coated
- due to its viscosity liquid rubber can be applied on horizontal surfaces
- the spray process of the pressure bottle will let you paint all the body configurations with rubber
The finished dry surface of the body coated with a rubber composition protects the car from:
- corrosion of the body
- cracks in lacquer coating
- small rocks and sand
- salt on the roads
- minor scratches
- so it’s an anti-scratch coating
Not everybody can paint the car with liquid rubber PlatiDip, however, every motorist wants to stand out from the boring car flow.
To do that you can use different techniques, such as liquid rubber coating, glass toning, airbrushing, painting the car in bright colors and installment of additional decorative elements (for instance, a spoiler).
One of the latest interesting and, at the same time, simple ways of decorating the car is an opportunity to coat it with liquid rubber. Someone can say that there is no any fundamental difference between a vinyl film and liquid rubber, and will continue saying this until he discovers real advantages of rubber for himself, such as:
- First of all, note its composition features that allow to consider the liquid rubber coating procedure as the most profitable and most perfect option. Only two main components can be defined: bitumen (its polymers) and water. They alone endow this material with such properties as:
- – elasticity;
- – shock protection;
- – waterproofing;
- – protection from aggressive environmental factors;
- – temperature change and ultraviolet resistance;
- – prevention of slipping;
- – seamless coverage
Neither vinyl film nor usual paint can boast of such long list of useful properties that liquid rubber has.
Video: Alloy Wheels Coated with Liquid Rubber
- Primarily, this material was available only in black color. However, the innovation has quickly stolen car owners’ hearts, which has made developers face the necessity of creating the range of extra colors including all shades of classic black andwhite, as well as of bright orange and yellow. Most of car owners are not ready to accept such dramatic changes and are restricted by such procedure as coating of wheel discs with liquid rubber. With the color range diversity this option can completely change the appearance of the car.
- The fact that you can apply rubber yourself, with your own hands, is especially pleasant. You need have neither special conditions (spray booth) nor preparation work to transform the car (rubber can be applied on any clean surface even if it wasn’t buffed and primed beforehand).
As for the skill level, reading is enough because instructions attached to the bottle with rubber are enough to do everything you want. Due to its unique composition, there are no runs and ply separations; rubber also doesn’t cause troubles that you can have during coating the car with usual paint.
- To remove the layer of rubber is even easier than to apply it. You can do it at any time yourself. The car owner can need such procedure if he is disappointed in a chosen color and wants to change it or return to an initial version. It’s really convenient to work with rubber when it comes to creating pictures, because if you are mistaken, it can be easily fixed. By the way, there are not any signs of liquid rubber on the surface (lacquer coating remains in the form that it had before the coating).
- To have the updated car, you need spend less than 12 hours. This period includes the following stages:
- car washing and drying;
- closing of places on which rubber mustn’t be applied (windows, glasses, mirrors, etc);
- liquid rubber application with your own hands (often it is applied in layers to get denser and solid composition);
- drying (this stage takes no more than an hour).
Of course, all these advantages take place if professional and high quality materials are used. So, for instance, the Russian motorists have already appreciated the product released by Plasti Dip trademark.
Liquid Rubber Plasti Dip on the Car Logo: How to Apply It, Video.
Plasti Dip will refresh the car
Many drivers who want to stand out from the gray flow have been recently choosing liquid rubber Plasti Dip. It is an extraordinary way of decorating the car to the advantage of the body. Of course, there are other techniques, for example, stickers or airbrushing. But it differs from airbrushing a lot. You won’t be able to remove it yourself. You will have to consult with professionals or paint the car completely. In the end, you will spend much money, and, more than that, you can remove liquid vinyl yourself.
Who does prefer liquid rubber?
Admirers of Plasti Dip are mainly young ambitious road users. They love drawing attention to themselves. It is also preferred by car racers participating in drag racing, rally, night car chase and other legal and illegal competitions. With liquid rubber Plasti Dip you can turn an ordinary car into work of art, make the car unusual and just become the most notable and brightest car owner.
Liquid vinyl will also suit those car owners who suddenly have to take part at the exhibition and then become an ordinary man having a car in standard color. So, that means that on Sunday, for instance, you must appear in all your glory at the special exhibition of styling cars. For example, cars with wheels in acid color or stripes on the hood. But on Monday the owner of the extraordinary car is expected to visit business negotiations wearing a black suit and driving an executive car. There is way out. And this is Plasti Dip.
Advantages of the use:
- Liquid rubber withstands a broad temperature range: from minus 34,4 to plus 93,3 degrees Centigrade.
- It is unpretentious as it doesn’t damaged because of rough washing and doesn’t crack.
- It is perfect for bad roads.
- Liquid rubber isn’t oxidized; moisture, alkaline and acid have no effect on it.
- It is perfect for winter as the roads are strewed with chemicals.
Plasti Dip is applied on any surface. It’s better to consult with a specialist but any motorist will be able to coat the car with liquid rubber himself after preparing the body in beforehand.
The Process of Liquid Rubber Plasti Dip Coating
The video is recommended for watching.
Before beginning the coating, it’s necessary to de-grease the car and place it in a warm dry room. Then determine the working area with masking tape: hide and seal spots that won’t be changed.
It’s better to work on the car in the open air, in sunny, warm and windless weather because dust and dirt can get in and cause bumps and bubbles. Such requirements are established on purpose because liquid rubber is a very caustic substance. Working with it, it’s necessary to wear gloves and a respirator. Rubber is applied with a soft brush, a gun or a sprayer in layers.
The first layer of liquid rubber must be half-transparent. That means that initially the effect will be minimum and insignificant. Then you let the car dry out for half an hour.
The second layer of liquid rubber is 80 per cent transparent. You need 3-12 layers and 12-24 hours for drying as it depends on the complexity.
By the way, I don’t recommend you to paint the car with your own hands. Let specialized workshops that are professionals in their field do it. After their work the car will look much more attractive, by the price of coating middle-sized sedan with liquid rubber will amount to $400-500. So, it’s up to you.
Features of Liquid Rubber
Rubber paint applied on the surface forms a matte film that is no worse than the vinyl one. Rubber coating is thicker than a film, more than that, it remains flexible. In any, even the worst, weather rubber paint will not lose its attractiveness as the sun has no effect on it and it doesn’t shrink and crack.
Wonderful protecting features prevent minor damages of the surface, fine splits and acid-alkaline substances. Liquid rubber is of great demand in the sphere of car styling and it can be explained by material’s features. You needn’t remove styled parts before painting. It’s not necessary to prepare the car continuously and to apply special coatings before painting. Rubber pain dries out quickly and doesn’t smell strongly.
- fast and simple applying on the surface;
- thick coating protects perfectly;
- affordable price;
- resistance to temperature changes;
- humidity resistance;
- good waterproofing qualities;
- simplicity of dismantling.
There are many car owners who paint the car body with liquid rubber. Some of them paint wheel rims and separate body parts with it. Applied rubber coating forms even layers and remediate defective spots.
There are the following types of liquid rubber:
A wide choice of colors that can be mixed lets create interesting versions.
Before painting the car with liquid rubber you should remove all the furniture from the room and clean the dust out. There is an important requirement: the room temperature shouldn’t be less than 16 degrees and more than 25 degrees, otherwise the coating integrity will be destroyed while drying-out. The car, especially rims and parts that you are going to paint, must be clean and dry. Rubber paint doesn’t cover the wet surface and bubbles after drying-out. The parts that you aren’t going to paint are covered with a film.
Then proceed to car painting with liquid rubber. But before doing this you should dilute paint with solvent and fill the airbrush with it.
The first layer will not cover the old coating but the second one will give an expected result. Both layers need 15 minutes to dry out so the whole process of painting will take you about 2 hours. Remove the film only an hour later. 24 hours after painting you can get into the updated car. So, you will change the car appearance by spending on it just a couple of hours and buying only the paint. At the vehicle service station you will spend more money on such procedure.